Sunday, November 3, 2013

Children are so sweet !

Last month I had the privilege of speaking to a few thousand children studying in seven schools of Assam and Nagaland. They ranged in age from 6 years (class II) to 17 years or more (+2 class). I spoke to them in batches, putting similarly aged children in a group.

I had a very moving experience in a school in Jorhat (Upper Assam). Immediately after I finished speaking to the students of classes II and III, several of them came forward to give me gifts, to touch my feet and take my blessings.

I do not know whether they had already been told the day before that I would be coming to talk to them the next day. If they had been, then they might have come to school already armed with their gifts. I did not notice whether they were listening to my talk and at the same time preparing their gifts.

The fact is that, immediately after my talk, several of the children came forward and gave me a ball pen. What was a much more moving experience was that many more of these children of class II gave me what I can only call “Welcome Cards”. They had made them themselves. They were full of the warm feelings of love, expressed with the simplicity of kids.


I am glad to share one or two of them with you, my friends. Enjoy them !

No comments:

Post a Comment